What Are PLLA Threads?
Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA) Threads are designed to induce your collagen. production by non-surgically inserting dissolvable threads into your skin.
They are a relatively new option for thread lifting – a procedure which works to physically lift the facial structure and tissues into a higher and more youthful position.
Poly-L-Lactic Acid is a substance which has been used for over 30 years as medical material for tissue regeneration. It is now available in thread form.
How Does it Work?
As the body starts to break down the PLLA thread it creates collagen which tightens and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
You will notice an increase in collagen and elastin in 4 weeks with full effects seen after 3-4 months.
Where Can I Use PLLA Threads?
- Full face tightening Improve skin tone and texture
- Naturally improves skin elasticity and texture
- Jawline / jowls
- Under the chin
- Nasolabial folds
- Eye area- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Eyebrow lift
- Cheeks – Adds volume and plumps the skin
How Long Does it Last?:
PLLA threads last approximately 18 months.
First we will have an initial consultation before your procedure.
This is to discuss any concerns you may have and above all, discuss your aftercare.
- Reduces wrinkles, lines and creases
- Long lasting results – generally lasts longer than PDO Threads
- Superfine – less visible after procedure
- Transparent – invisible through the skin
- Excellent safety record over 30 years
- Naturally broken down within the body over about 18 months
- Results take about 24 months and wear off gradually
- You can repeat the threads procedure in the future when you require it again. We will simple adjust it to best tackle your ongoing facial ageing.
PLLA Threads Procedure Photos